McKay Development

Error with kicking users from group.

TomYoki

Hello,

I was working on a bot that manages Steam Groups.

Basically, kicks user if his message contained one of the banned keywords.

All of that is working just fine, the problem is with actually kicking users.

When the script attempts to kick user it gets this error:

Error: You do not have the required permissions to access that group feature.
    at SteamCommunity._checkCommunityError (C(SHD):\Bots\GM\node_modules\steamcommunity\components\http.js:122:9)
    at Request._callback (C(SHD):\Bots\GM\node_modules\steamcommunity\components\http.js:51:88)
    at Request.self.callback (C(SHD):\Bots\GM\node_modules\request\request.js:186:22)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C(SHD):\Bots\GM\node_modules\request\request.js:1163:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at Gunzip.<anonymous> (C(SHD):\Bots\GM\node_modules\request\request.js:1085:12)
    at Gunzip.g (events.js:292:16)

Of course, I would assume that the group settings don't allow the bot to kick users, which is not true as I checked it & tried it out on 2 other groups as well, one of which was made by the bot and results were always the same.

Just for the record: I tried using the Object method & Non-Object method and none of them worked, both gave exactly the same response.

I find this very odd considering I used to use postGroupAnnouncement which worked perfectly fine.

I'm guessing that once the group invitation update hit something changed, regardless I hope to hear an answer soon as this is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure that your bot account has permission to kick users. That error is coming from Steam so there isn't much else I can tell you.

Well, it works completely fine on Browser/Client & all of the group features are usable by moderators (some by users too) and it's giving this error, doesn't matter who it's trying to kick or what status he has it will always fail to kick.

So I believe that it's the module that's malfunctioning.