McKay Development

Question about getting logged off after some time (days)

mar71n

To describe my problem: Everything runs smoothly until a few days went by. Then I'm apparently not logged in anymore (I get 'Error: Not Logged In' when trying to send a tradeoffer). I would prefer to deal with beeing logged of instead of relogging based on the errorcallback when sending the trade.

First: autoRelogin doesn't seem to handle that issue, is autoRelogin ONLY for the weekly downtime that happens on tuesday?  

Second: Since this is quite hard to test (I don't know how to force it, maybe by logging into the client manually while the bot is logged in?), I hope to find the answer here: 

Will the error / disconnect fire when I get logged out / the session expires, and is it enough to just do a new logOn() then?

Thanks in advance!
Edit: What I was able to test so far: Logging in manually into the client kills the session. 

If that happens, the error and the disconnect-event don't fire.

If I try to just do client.logOn again, I get the error "already logged on".

Edit2: Looks like I found a fix, client.webLogOn(); does the trick. Is there a more elegant way of dealing with this issue other than just relogging when the error happens? I would prefer to relog after getting logged out / The session expiring.client.webLogOn(); 

Edit3: People told me to listen for the sessionExpired event and to renew the session if it fires. However this event doesn't fire when I manually destroy the cookies, and it doesn't fire when I make the cookies invalid by logging into the client manually. When does it fire?

My solution for now: I have a cronschedule that does webLogOn() every 45 min (does that time make sense?), and whenever that error fires I also do a webLogOn(). Still not satisfied by that solution tbh tho. 

Edited by mar71n

If you are using node-steamcommunity functions not that often, you can do this:

client.once(`webSession`, () => {
// Now you should be able to do all your steamcommunity related stuff safely
});
client.webLogOn();
Edited by Royalgamer06