McKay Development

fix for handlers

Guest Ino

Hi, i fixed my issue https://dev.doctormckay.com/topic/1949-node-steam-user-v-4/page-2

The error was found in existing handlers checking. If you'll use a few accounts you can see that handlers length will be equal to accounts count. You will be able to add this code in your module for fix this

https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steam-user/blob/v4/components/classes/HandlerManager.js#L21

if( this._handlers.hasOwnProperty(msg) && this._handlers[msg].length >= 1 ) { return; }

P.S. In the steam-user v 4.0. don't work method gamesPlayed() . How can i fix it ?

UPDATE: login with steamguard don't work too. Always get error "Error: Already logged on, cannot log on again"

Edited by Ino

That's not an appropriate fix because that prevents intentional attachment of multiple handlers for a single message.

Pull the latest v4 commit and you should get fixes for gamesPlayed and your duplicate handler issue, but I wasn't able to replicate any Steam Guard issues.

SteamGuard always get the same error, with valid and invalid guard code. "Already logged on"

Sv6fIY2.png

That's not an appropriate fix because that prevents intentional attachment of multiple handlers for a single message.

Pull the latest v4 commit and you should get fixes for gamesPlayed and your duplicate handler issue, but I wasn't able to replicate any Steam Guard issues.

Help me please with my issue, if i can help you something let me know. If you try like on my screenshot you'll be able to find this bug

Should be fixed in the latest commit.

Remember that the v4 branch is still pre-alpha. There are going to be bugs.

Can you test it yet ? Login for accounts with steam guard takes to long time. Last version do it much faster. 

I tested it personally before pushing and login didn't take any longer than usual.

What's event do you handle ? 

I try to handle event 'loggedOn' and it work faster, but event 'webSession' can wait a few minutes