steam-user v4 is now in beta, meaning that it's (fairly) stable. The beta can therefore now be installed from npm. To install it, run
npm install [email protected], or put
"steam-user": "beta" in your package.json.
The beta is minimally-tested, so please don't use this in production applications yet.
v4 is now out!
There are a lot of breaking changes in v4. See the release notes on GitHub for all of the changes.
Major changes include:
- Basic, preliminary support for new Steam chat
- Promise support for all methods that take callbacks (callbacks are still also supported)
- Removal of deprecated methods
- Addition of
errparameter to all callbacks that previously lacked it
- Missing properties in decoded protobuf messages are now default values instead of
- Node.js v8 or higher is now required
Please post feedback or bugs either here or in the pull request comments.
Edited by Dr. McKay, 30 January 2019 - 12:43 AM.