McKay Development

SteamChatRoomClient createChannel?

MaZDuR

Hello, I have migrated from SteamKit to node-steam-user to be able to interface with the new steamchat. I had a chatbot that made heavy use of a 'group chat' in order to notify administrators of reports in-game (via a plugin) and provide them with all the info via steam without any other access needed (authorized via steamid, only 'members' can join chat group)

I was interested in making use of the chatroom channels feature of the new steam groups to keep everything tidy, however looking over the methods available to me, this is not possible (or I am blind and didnt see it) are there any plans on adding a way to 'create a channel' in a steam group chat?

Here is the flow of what I want to do, but currently it looks like there is no way for a bot to 'manipulate' the channels to make this possible.

User submits report

Bot sees new report in database, creates channel #report-$id

Bot notifies online admins of #report-$id

Admin(s) investigate report, close report after being handled.

Bot closes/deletes channel after timestamp is 24h old.

Nope, methods to create/delete channels aren't yet implemented, but if you need/want them I can see if I can get around to it tonight or tomorrow. Your use-case sounds like an interesting one, so I'd like to enable you to do it.

I am going to need them eventually, but as-is there is plenty of other things for me to work on.

I had a 'chatbot' that allowed administrators of my 'small community' to perform various actions via the steamclient simply by sending 'commands' to the chatbot, whether it was a direct steam message or in the groupchat for that particular community. I would like to make use of the multiple text channels of the new steam chat to help keep the 'main channel' from getting cluttered with a lot of messages, but I can continue working on ensuring the users are properly authenticated while waiting for this feature.

I am primarily a sourcepawn/c++ developer, with extremely limited web/html knowledge so just trying to figure out what im doing with nodejs is a bit of a project itself for me, but I am very grateful to have found your project and see it so well documented, thank you very much for this, it is exactly what I needed.