McKay Development

on "sendOfferChanged" is emmiting when nothing is changed

sNIP

When I send a trade, it keeps telling me that the offer status is changed to 2 (Active), this happens every ~4-~7 seconds after I send the offer. Code related to the trade offer manager

EDIT: The code below is wrapped inside an async Start() function, so I can use async.

var pollData = await offerService.getPollData();
  const manager = new TradeOfferManager({
    steam: client,
    community: community,
    language: "en",
    cancelOfferCount: 30,
    pollData: pollData
  });
  manager.on("sentOfferChanged", (offeroldState=> {   //<this emits every ~4-~7 seconds
    console.log(`Sent offer changed:` + offer.state);

senderService.onSentOfferChanged(thisIdoffer.partner.getSteamID64(), offer);
  });
manager.on("pollData"data => {
    offerService.savePollData(thisIddata);
  });
Edited by sNIP

On 12/14/2019 at 11:09 AM, Dr. McKay said:

What is the oldState when it emits when you believe it shouldn't?

I will check it, but I believe its the same, because if I keep the app running, it can emit 1000 times before I close it or the trade offer changes it states

There's no reason why it should ever be 12, that isn't used internally or anything. Maybe Steam is just really really fussy for your account or something? Maybe 12 is a value used internally by Valve for something and something's buggy with your offer(s).

Could you set up a script to monitor the API directly and alert if it notices a value of 12?

16 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

There's no reason why it should ever be 12, that isn't used internally or anything. Maybe Steam is just really really fussy for your account or something? Maybe 12 is a value used internally by Valve for something and something's buggy with your offer(s).

Could you set up a script to monitor the API directly and alert if it notices a value of 12?

Iam using this, it works fine, when I have time, I will look it up, probably after my finals. 

if(oldState == 12){
      return;
    }