McKay Development

changes to api?

Naleksuh

Recently, client.gamesPlayed randomly stopped working for me. Everything else works fine, but the bot is online and not in-game. I have not made any changes to my code in several months when it just randomly stopped working, and it appears McKay last contributed to the repository six days ago, leading me to believe the problem is a change to steam's API. Has anyone else encountered this strange error?

It's public and free (TF2). Like I said, it was working fine for several months then with no changes randomly stopped, which is why I strongly believe it is something in the third-party. However, I reinstalled the repository and that seemed to fix it. It could have been a change to there.

• 1 month later...

It's been around two months, but it happened again.

image.thumb.png.3455779fff0ed26ca7c6b1cb67b7546e.png

Interestingly enough, it's ingame as it should be when actually viewing the profile, but shows as Online from Steam Friends. This leads me to believe it's neither a bug with my code, nor a bug with the library, but with steam itself.

Restarting the bot fixed this error, but it is something to be on the lookout for.

• 9 months later...

Update: it's been 9 months since my last post (11 months total), and it has happened a third time.

I can confirm that restarting my own steam client does fix it. So, it seems like restarting the bot just pushes a refresh, and really only Valve can fix this.

However, it might be something in the bot that is triggering it initially