McKay Development

Set account phone number?

So I am currently setting up bots with 2FA manually using steam desktop authentication, but I think it's time, it's time to use my brain again. So I have been looking through the steam community npm docs and I found 2FA methods but no add phone methods. I'd like to be able to take accounts with no steam guard, add a phone number, and then turn on 2FA, and finally console log all the information about the account, all the secrets and everything. Would this be possible? (mainly the phone part) Otherwise I'll have to use puppeteer but that's sorta resource heavy and not ideal (also I don't know cheerio).

Any advice would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dr. McKay said:

You can use steamstore to add phone numbers.

store.setCookies(cookies);
      store.addPhoneNumber('+31062571****[true]', (err, status, bypassConfirmation) => {
        if (err) {
          console.log(err)
        }
        if (status) {
          console.log(status)
        }
        if (bypassConfirmation) {
          console.log(bypassConfirmation)
        }

I have some questions regarding the addPhoneNumber method. Is this the right way to pass bypassConfirmation = true? I have never seen this way of passing params : number[, bypassConfirmation], callback. The "[]" part in specific. Also I got a number of different errors while trying it. First I got a bunch of Error: Phone number is invalid errors, my guess was I wasn't passing in the param for phone number the right way. The final error that I got before coming here (and the one I presume I had the best progress with) is "Error: Unknown state email_verification". My guess is I need to verify adding my phone first, BUT it accepted my phone number? So that was a step in the right direction. So now I'm wondering if bypassconfirmation worked? Does it not bypass email confirmation? Or did I just not set the param right? Sorry for the long read, hope I didn't take much of your time.

The brackets just mean that it's an optional argument. store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', (err) => {}) is the same as store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', false, (err) => {}).

If you want to bypass a confirmation, you'd do store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', true, (err) => {})

The callback doesn't have any other arguments besides err.

1 hour ago, Dr. McKay said:

The brackets just mean that it's an optional argument. store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', (err) => {}) is the same as store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', false, (err) => {}).

If you want to bypass a confirmation, you'd do store.addPhoneNumber('+310***', true, (err) => {})

The callback doesn't have any other arguments besides err.

Thank you very much, noted. However I still have one question. I still get an error of Unknown state email_verification. When I looked through the source of the error I see that the function addPhoneNumber makes a post request then gets the response. How do I find the time to respond to the email?

10 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

I'm pretty sure that means that you need to verify your email before continuing. You can request a verification email with steam-user.

Hmm, that's odd because I believe it is verified. Here is some code I used to check it, but I have also checked it manually.

client.requestValidationEmail(function(){
        console.log("verified")
        store.setCookies(cookies);
        store.addPhoneNumber('+31************'true, (err) => {
          if (err) {
            console.log(err)
          }
        })
      });

Log:

*********** has successfully logged in
verified
{ Error: Unknown state email_verification
    at Request.request.post [as _callback] (D:\Node Projects\Steam-Bot-Setuper\node_modules\steamstore\components\account.js:47:14)
    at Request.self.callback (D:\Node Projects\Steam-Bot-Setuper\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
    at Request.emit (events.js:198:13)
    at Request.<anonymous> (D:\Node Projects\Steam-Bot-Setuper\node_modules\request\request.js:1154:10)
    at Request.emit (events.js:198:13)
    at Gunzip.<anonymous> (D:\Node Projects\Steam-Bot-Setuper\node_modules\request\request.js:1076:12)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:286:20)
    at Gunzip.emit (events.js:203:15)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1145:12)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19) confirmation: false }

I should mention I don't have steam guard enabled. I do however get the emails asking if I would like to add this phone number to my account.

On 6/14/2020 at 4:41 AM, Dr. McKay said:

Maybe there's been a change to how the process works and I need to update the code. I'll see when I can find time.

Thank you very much. Sorry for the late response, been having too much work lately. But yes it seems like it's just not possible go through the verification process with that method. For now I guess I'll stick to some headless puppeteer verification solution I made, it's retarded, it's resource heavy, but that's all I know and it gets things done. ;) Wish I could reach a level of understanding where I could do what you do but just don't have the time. Thank you very much for your efforts though!