McKay Development

Cannot read property 'setTimeout' of undefined

jfx.

Sorry for making a thread on your forum, but I noticed this crash occurring a few times (when Steam is down I believe), and I was hoping to get some attention to my PR which should band-aid fix this exception from occurring.

Here's a link to my PR: https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steam-user/pull/322 and the corresponding issue (from 10 months ago): https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steam-user/issues/274

As you can see I simply stop the code from progressing if an exception is going to occur if the bot does not have a socket and cannot respond to a ChannelEncryptRequest.

I cannot figure out why this exception occurs in the first place as I'm not too familiar with Steam client auth (more acquainted with web auth personally) and why the socket would suddenly be undefined in the codebase, but as far as I can see implementing this fix shouldn't raise any outstanding issues.

Again sorry for making a thread but I was hoping to get some attention for this.

Cheers.

Edited by jfx.

2 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

It's all good.

I'm on vacation right now which is why I hadn't gotten around to looking at that yet. I'll see about pushing out an update a bit later.

Thank you! I understand and sorry for bothering you, hope you enjoy your break :D