McKay Development

Best way to load user Inventory

I want/try to start a discussion to collect ideas and experience which is the best way to load user inventories fast and preferably unlimited for web bases item select masks.

For myself, I 've just read that one needs a lot of ip addresses to pass as proxy for example as described in this post https://dev.doctormckay.com/topic/176-loadinventory-proxy/

I imagine the following questions ?

• What are the limits to request inventories (x request per hour, or day) ?
  • should i use a caching strategy (which is recommended, just time based, how long) ?
  • if proxys are the only way is there a recommended hoster, eg.
  • is it possible to request the inventory cross site based with javascript in browser (so that customer client ips are used), iframe, etc....

Are there any other strategys?

Hope this post can help others and me to handle this problem.

• It's a velocity rate-limit. Something like 20 or 30 requests per minute it seems. I'm not sure about specific numbers.
  • Yes, you should absolutely cache inventories on your end. The actual duration is up to you, and it really depends on what you're using the inventories for.
  • Pretty much just find someone who sells cheap VPSes with cheap IP addresses
  • No, I've tried several things and requesting from the client isn't possible without some kind of user script or browser extension