McKay Development

Trying to send a trade offer with items in it and only has to be confirmed by the user from the mobile app.

Shubham Shah

Okay, so I implemented login with passport js and steam strategy and that's all good. Now, is there a way to get the cookies and sessionid of the user so I can send trade offers on behalf of the user and the user just has to confirm it. I have seen a lot of these scam sites do it, I am wondering how does that work? With my research I have found that I need cookies and sessionid to send a trade offer on behalf of a user. Sessionid can be replaced by anything random but I still need cookies. Wondering is there a work around for it?

In all clarity, I am not trying to make another scam site. I am just trying to learn how these peer to peer sites send offers on behalf of their customers with just the login. I am assuming the API key is only used to track the trades and cannot be used to send trades. Trades are sent by sending a post request. All help is appreciated.

Regards.

Edited by Shubham Shah
clarity

• Shubham Shah changed the title to Trying to send a trade offer with items in it and only has to be confirmed by the user from the mobile app.