McKay Development

getManifest randomly failing

xeugenx

Hi,

I'm currently trying to write a simple application that downloads a file in a manifest.

I observed, that getManiFest sometimes fails and sometimes doesn't. Do you have any idea how I can further debug this?

All im getting is an "Error: fail". My code:

let client = new SteamUser();
client.logOn();

client.on('loggedOn', async (details) => {
  let productInfo = await client.getProductInfo([730], [], true);
  const latestManifestId = productInfo.apps['730'].appinfo.depots['731'].manifests.public;

let result = await client.getManifest(730, 731, latestManifestId);
  console.log(result);

client.logOff();
  //console.log("Logged out of steam");
});

When debugging, I see that the "latestManifestId" is indeed correct, I checked it with steamdb.

Edited by xeugenx

• xeugenx changed the title to getManifest randomly failing

Sry, forgot to paste that. Also I forgot to mention that I'm on the latest version (v4.24.3).

(node:6356) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Fail
    at Object.exports.eresultError (B:\Coden\js\Simple file downloader\node_modules\steam-user\components\helpers.js:105:12)
    at SteamUser.<anonymous> (B:\Coden\js\Simple file downloader\node_modules\steam-user\components\cdn.js:161:28)
    at SteamUser._handleMessage (B:\Coden\js\Simple file downloader\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:633:35)
    at SteamUser._handleNetMessage (B:\Coden\js\Simple file downloader\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:556:8)
    at SteamUser._processMulti (B:\Coden\js\Simple file downloader\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:687:9)

Seems to fail when trying to get a cdn auth token, but still no clue what I could be doing wrong.

As far as I know, not all content servers require auth tokens anymore and maybe the backend is no longer returning empty auth tokens for servers that don't require one. Or maybe they've fully moved all content servers away from requiring auth tokens. I'll have to do a little research to see which is the case. In the meantime, you could try editing cdn.js and replacing line 230:

// Replace this:
let {token} = await this.getCDNAuthToken(appID, depotID, vhost);

// With this
let token = '';
try {
    token = (await this.getCDNAuthToken(appID, depotID, vhost)).token;
} catch (ex) { }