McKay Development

private inventory

david818

Hello there. So friend of mine referred here to use this lib to get csgo item details from private inventory.

So basically I wanna make a discord bot that you can see someone's medals and items he got, and the person uses this lib to see private profile coins and medals from csgo.

So I would like to know where and which function should I look for? 

and thanks 

Edited by david818

On 9/6/2022 at 1:49 AM, david818 said:

Hello there. So friend of mine referred here to use this lib to get csgo item details from private inventory.

So basically I wanna make a discord bot that you can see someone's medals and items he got, and the person uses this lib to see private profile coins and medals from csgo.

So I would like to know where and which function should I look for? 

and thanks 

Is the inventory yours? If the client is not logged into the private profile account you cannot view that inventory. The only private inventory you can view is that of your own. 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:56 AM, What Comes Around said:

Is the inventory yours? If the client is not logged into the private profile account you cannot view that inventory. The only private inventory you can view is that of your own. 

No not mine. It's possible because i've seen that before. you can see anyone's inventory csgo medals pins.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, david818 said:

No not mine. It's possible because i've seen that before. you can see anyone's inventory csgo medals pins.

What have you seen? Items on float.db in inventories that are private? Usually what happens is private inventories are set to public to idk sell an item or whatever and those sites (like float.db) take record of the inventory at the time. As long as the items aren't moved to a public inventory they will remain on record in that private one. Medals are the easiest to track, because they can't be transferred. Especially if you are looking at old medals (like 2015), there is a high likelyhood that the steam user unprivated their inventory some time between 2015 and now, as an example. Also, just remembered but medals are always public, here's why, you can see medals that someone has that is in your game, even if their inventory is private. What this means is you can use CSGO game coordinator to view someone's medals, even if their inventory is private. Medals may be possible, but otherwise inventories that are set to private are not, wouldn't make much sense to have a private setting if it doesn't actually private your inventory, and I don't think valve has that settings for shits and giggles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 1:02 AM, What Comes Around said:

What have you seen? Items on float.db in inventories that are private? Usually what happens is private inventories are set to public to idk sell an item or whatever and those sites (like float.db) take record of the inventory at the time. As long as the items aren't moved to a public inventory they will remain on record in that private one. Medals are the easiest to track, because they can't be transferred. Especially if you are looking at old medals (like 2015), there is a high likelyhood that the steam user unprivated their inventory some time between 2015 and now, as an example. Also, just remembered but medals are always public, here's why, you can see medals that someone has that is in your game, even if their inventory is private. What this means is you can use CSGO game coordinator to view someone's medals, even if their inventory is private. Medals may be possible, but otherwise inventories that are set to private are not, wouldn't make much sense to have a private setting if it doesn't actually private your inventory, and I don't think valve has that settings for shits and giggles.

I don't think skins and floats are possible to see on private profiles but what I can see is medals pins and coins. You can see all medals as possible including pro players trophy's. so yeah

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, david818 said:

I don't think skins and floats are possible to see on private profiles but what I can see is medals pins and coins. You can see all medals as possible including pro players trophy's. so yeah

But I mentioned in the reply that you quoted about that. Medals and pins are excluded from items that are private when you set your settings to private. That's because you can have everything on private, but if you enter a game players can still see your medals and pins. Yes, they can use your weapons, but they cannot see the item id or float or pattern I believe. But when you enter a game, the game coordinator gives you players medals and pins. And you can communicate with the game coordinator, so that data is public.