McKay Development

Market tradable restriction

Fabro

Is there any way of knowing why items are restricted to trade for 7 days after the offer is accepted, but not market restricted?

Both accounts (user and bot) have authenticator enabled, none of them has used new devices, both have purchases in the last 6 months and they have been mutual friends for over two months now. On received offer, escrowEnds is null, but there are 2 extra properties that caught my eye. market_marketable_restriction is 0 on every item, but market_tradable_restriction is set to 7 on every item, and when the offer is accepted, in deed, items are not allowed to be traded for 7 days. What should be the reason behind this? I've been searching everywhere, but it seems there is no information about this. I have also asked on Steam Forums, but nothing yet. It seems a bit strange to be limited on one thing but not the other, and I cannot figure out how to properly perform the trade so the restriction is set to 0 on both marketable and tradable. 

I have also noted that there is an undocumented property, called "market_buy_country_restriction", that is set to 'FR' on all items, regardless of the fact that both accounts are set to AR.

Any kind of help would be really appreciated. I'm completely lost on how to proceed from there.

Screenshot_141.jpg

That's just what happens for CS:GO items. Whenever an item is traded, the item server applies a 7-day trade cooldown to the item.

Those market_tradable_restriction and market_marketable_restriction properties don't really do anything; they just get set on all items to show which cooldowns apply when an item is bought off the community market. It's up to the item server to actually apply any restrictions. I hadn't seen market_buy_country_restriction before, but I'm assuming it's the same: it just gets set on all items to prevent then from being bought by people in specific countries.

Thanks you for your answer. Is there any reason to that, and is there any way to avoid? Because I have made trades with people, and never had any restriction before. I just had this with the bot, and after that I tried to trade an item with a friend of mine, and did not had the restriction that I had with the bot. He literally accepted the trade and returned the item in less than 2 minutes. I don't completely understand why is that limitation set with the bot, but not with other accounts. Shouldn't the bot behave like a regular account while interacting with steam? 

On 9/11/2022 at 12:02 AM, Fabro said:

Thanks you for your answer. Is there any reason to that, and is there any way to avoid? Because I have made trades with people, and never had any restriction before. I just had this with the bot, and after that I tried to trade an item with a friend of mine, and did not had the restriction that I had with the bot. He literally accepted the trade and returned the item in less than 2 minutes. I don't completely understand why is that limitation set with the bot, but not with other accounts. Shouldn't the bot behave like a regular account while interacting with steam? 

CSGO items always have a 7 day cooldown, maybe you and your friend had the same item in both of your inventories so you saw one as tradeable once, then selected the tradeable one in your friend's inventory so assumed it was the same item. I've been trading many items for a long time now, there is always a 7 day cooldown. But you can sell the items on the market immediately. Has been like this for a long time and will continue to be like this.