McKay Development

Can not link; Unhandled Promise Rejection: Error: Already logged on, cannot log on again

PLANTROON

There is a problem with a downstream project, and I am wondering if you could help us.

The response I get when requesting a login key looks like (at least according to what is saved into a database, there is no other persistent data related to authentication that I could find):

{"accountName":"mysteamacc","loginKey":{"eresult":1,"legacy_out_of_game_heartbeat_seconds":9,"heartbeat_seconds":9,"deprecated_public_ip":1542211048,"rtime32_server_time":1678781511,"account_flags":2637957,"cell_id":93,"email_domain":null,"steam2_ticket":null,"eresult_extended":null,"webapi_authenticate_user_nonce":"HiDd3N4Pr1V4CY","cell_id_ping_threshold":2147483647,"deprecated_use_pics":null,"vanity_url":"","public_ip":{"v4":1542211048},"client_supplied_steamid":"7656119800000066","ip_country_code":"SK","parental_settings":null,"parental_setting_signature":null,"count_loginfailures_to_migrate":0,"count_disconnects_to_migrate":0,"ogs_data_report_time_window":null,"client_instance_id":"31767651000000000","force_client_update_check":null,"agreement_session_url":null,"token_id":null}}

Originally it seemed to work correctly but it throws InvalidPassword now:

{"accountName":"mysteamacc","loginKey":"HiDd3N4Pr1V4CY"}

Has anything changed on Valve's side lately? It 100% worked in January 2023 when I last used it.

For reference, here is my comment on downstream issue:

Can not link; Unhandled Promise Rejection: Error: Already logged on, cannot log on again · Issue #41 · icewind1991/mx-puppet-steam (github.com)

On 3/15/2023 at 12:28 AM, Dr. McKay said:

I also commented this on your issue:

The first argument to loggedOn is a CMsgClientLogonResponse object, not a login key. You get a login key from the loginKey event.

Just a heads up, there must have been some changes lately on Valve's side as other projects are picking it up: https://github.com/JustArchiNET/ArchiSteamFarm/issues/2840

4 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

Thanks a lot! :)

I already tested it with mx-puppet-steam and it works without any code changes. Ofc not the best solution downstream to use a deprecated method, but it is enough for me. The project is unmaintained since mid 2022 anyway.

22 minutes ago, PLANTROON said:

Ofc not the best solution downstream to use a deprecated method

True, though I wouldn't worry too much about it personally. I don't have any plans at the moment for steam-user v5.

Be aware that refresh tokens expire after 200 days and I've yet to see a way to refresh them, so you will need to re-auth with your password after that time.