McKay Development

getInventoryContexts returns malformed response

tbo0

Hi,

When I'm calling getInventoryContexts on a CSteamUser object, i get the Malformed response error message. I had no similiar problem before, but happens consantly on this new account i'm testing it with.

community.getSteamUser(id, function(err, user){

user.getInventoryContexts(function(err, apps){
    if (err) return next(err); // Error gets thrown here

The account is not limited for sure and I'm using steamcommunnity 3.30.6. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you logged in?

Yes, this piece of code gets called immediately after i've logged on with the account. The account which creates this problem is seldom used, I had no problem with accounts which are frequently in use.

Edit:

I may have misunderstood the question. I'm logged in with the account whose inventory context I'm trying to get, but not logged in with the SteamCommunity instance. Is it required to use this method? If so, I've only had problems with a few Steam accounts so far.

Edit: It looks like logging in with the steamcommunity instance solved the problem, thank you for your time.

Edited by tbo0

As a matter of fact, it still occurs with one account, which is using email authentication instead of two factor code for login. Any ideas?

Edit: Once again it turns out i'm pretty incompentent. The user's inventory which i've tried to get was not public, so it threw a Malformed response error.

Edited by tbo0