McKay Development

App context page throttling

Lagg

Hi, quick question. Does the page that contains `g_rgAppContextData` have the same throttling rules applied that the inventory feeds (/inventory/X/Y/Z) proper do? In other words does the same eased limit apply to logged in users looking at their own pages?

I recall like 8 months ago Valve severely increased the throttling on this page. But I do not remember if it was part of the original throttling increase when things became slow and cache-missey or after they introduced the new feeds.

Edit: So I've been testing this in-userscript and it looks like that page will be served back reliably if you're logged in. Results inconclusive when I'm logged out. But it seems to be more lenient than the inventory pages themselves. Because I get the "The request is a duplicate and the action has already occurred in the past, ignored this time (29)" error when the context data page is otherwise fine. Is it actually safe to use getInventoryContexts again? That'd be nice.

Edit 2: Forgot to update the thread. Looks like I was a version behind and confusing myself because of the 302 chain I was seeing in-browser/userscript versus just getting Malformed response from the lib. For... Whatever reason it appears the flow in error conditions (private?) is: 

/profiles/whatever/inventory -> /id/vanity/inventory -> /id/vanity
Edited by Lagg