McKay Development

How to get defindex or item data from CEconItem

I'm trying to filter "backpack.tf" listings based on an inventory items, but I'm not sure how to get a "defindex" or any other way to map the item from CEconItem.

I know the Steam WebAPI provides a "IEconItems_440" method to get the player items with relevant information like a "defindex", is there any special reason why you are not using this?

15 hours ago, JAHMCR said:

I'm trying to filter "backpack.tf" listings based on an inventory items, but I'm not sure how to get a "defindex" or any other way to map the item from CEconItem.

I know the Steam WebAPI provides a "IEconItems_440" method to get the player items with relevant information like a "defindex", is there any special reason why you are not using this?

You can't really reliably do it. There are some community endpoints that include app_data on the item description, which does contain def_index, but not all have that.

steam-tradeoffer-manager isn't using IEconItems_440 because that's a TF2-specific interface and steam-tradeoffer-manager is meant to work with any Steam app.

3 minutes ago, Dr. McKay said:

You can't really reliably do it. There are some community endpoints that include app_data on the item description, which does contain def_index, but not all have that.

steam-tradeoffer-manager isn't using IEconItems_440 because that's a TF2-specific interface and steam-tradeoffer-manager is meant to work with any Steam app.

Yeah, that makes sense. Will have to implement my own function to retrieve the inventory using "IEconItems_440". Thanks!