McKay Development

Issue while implementing ClientGetUserStats

Milan

Hey,

I'm trying to implement ClientGetUserStats, however I'm facing an issue that shouldn't happen.

Here is my code:

const EMsg = require("steam-user").EMsg;
const Helpers = require("./node_modules/steam-user/components/helpers");
const StdLib = require("@doctormckay/stdlib");
const SteamUser = require("steam-user");

class SteamUserStats extends SteamUser {
    async getUserStats(appid, callback) {
        return StdLib.Promises.timeoutCallbackPromise(10000, ["userStats"], callback, (resolve, reject) => {
            this._send(
                {
                    msg: EMsg.ClientGetUserStats,
                    proto: {
                        routing_appid: appid,
                    },
                },
                {
                    game_id: appid,
                    steam_id_for_user: this.steamID.getSteamID64(),
                },
                (body) => {
                    let err = Helpers.eresultError(body.eresult);
                    if (err) {
                        reject(err);
                    } else {
                        resolve(body);
                    }
                }
            );
        });
    }
}

SteamUser.prototype._handlerManager.add(EMsg.ClientGetUserStatsResponse, function (body) {
    console.log("user stats received!");
    this.emit("userStats", body);
});

module.exports = SteamUserStats;

The request worked with the same parameters when I implemented this in SteamKit2, but for some reason I'm getting the following error when using node steam-user:

let err = new Error(EResult[eresult] || ('Error ' + eresult));
          ^

Error: Fail
    at exports.eresultError (C:\Users\Milan\Desktop\nép\szolgáltatás\node_modules\steam-user\components\helpers.js:105:12)
    at SteamUserStats.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Milan\Desktop\nép\szolgáltatás\steamUserStats.js:22:39)
    at SteamUserStats._handleMessage (C:\Users\Milan\Desktop\nép\szolgáltatás\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:648:16)
    at SteamUserStats._handleNetMessage (C:\Users\Milan\Desktop\nép\szolgáltatás\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:570:8)
    at SteamUserStats._processMulti (C:\Users\Milan\Desktop\nép\szolgáltatás\node_modules\steam-user\components\03-messages.js:702:9)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5) {
  eresult: 2
}

No matter what I do, I'm getting the same error, which should only occur when not sending a correct steamid. I'd appreciate it, if you could look into this issue. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

Unless you've edited messages.js to define which protobuf should be used for that message, you'll need to handle encoding the request body yourself.

Oh, I forgot the mention, that I added this line in the messages.js, the request was timing out without this.

protobufs[EMsg.ClientGetUserStats] = Schema.CMsgClientGetUserStats;

I dunno what to tell you; I've never messed with any user stats messages. Everything looks fine, assuming that what you're passing is what the backend actually expects.

Are you in-game for the app? That might be necessary.

3 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

I dunno what to tell you; I've never messed with any user stats messages. Everything looks fine, assuming that what you're passing is what the backend actually expects.

Are you in-game for the app? That might be necessary.

Yes, I'm in-game for the app I'm trying to request stats for, but I don't think it's necessary. Anyways, thanks for trying to help me, I just wanted to make a simple achievement unlocker, but it looks like I'll have to leave this project for someone else :D