McKay Development

Detecting Rollbacks

Looking into the documentation I notice getExchangeDetails won't return data unless the ETradeStatus is Complete, InEscrow, or EscrowRollback, which is a different state from ETradeOfferState, which is fine. Is it possible to get ETradeStatus without querying getExchangeDetails as I didn't see the method nor variable on the TradeOffer object. I'm sure I was just misunderstanding how to use this or fetch the state, but was hoping I could check before querying steam as I want to prevent as much requests as possible.

Thanks,

Christian

Edited by christianwdev

1 hour ago, Dr. McKay said:

No, the API method called by getExchangeDetails is the only place to get the trade status.

Do you know where I'd get the notification for when a rollback occurs? It appears that the ETradeStatus is for accepted trades looking at "valvesoftware". Wasn't sure if you could shed any more light on this.

That and what ETradeOfferState this would occur under as well, so I can just refetch and update my local inventory for those state changes.

Edited by christianwdev