McKay Development

Sending trade offers using only trade link

Basic and probably repetitive question here, sorry about that; I couldn't find anything on this. The documentation for TradeOfferManager.createOffer says we can pass in a trade link, but whenever I try, I get thrown an "Unknown SteamID Input Format" error. Is there a specific part of the link I need to pass into createOffer?

Ahh, I see. Fixed it. Though I have another question now - if I'm getting the inventory contents of a user using the trade link & manager.getUserInventoryContents, what should I pass in as the first parameter? If I pass in the link itself, I get thrown an error. If i pass in the ID besides partner=xxxxxxxx, I get an HTTP error 404. If I pass in getUserInventoryContents("[u:1:" + accountid + "]" ...), where account ID is the partner ID in the tradelink, I also get an HTTP error 404. 

You can either pass the steamID property from the offer, or the SteamID as you're doing in that last example, but the U needs to be capital. The ID type character is case-sensitive.

So, for example, either of these will work:

let offer = manager.createOffer(tradeUrl);
manager.getUserInventoryContents(offer.partner, 440, 2, true, (err, inv) => {
    console.log(`Got ${inv.length} items`);
});

// OR

manager.getUserInventoryContents(`[U:1:${accountid}]`, 440, 2, true, (err, inv) => {
    console.log(`Got ${inv.length} items`);
});