McKay Development

After Tuesday maintenance, Confirmation checker runs twice

kkagill

After Steam completes its Tuesday maintenance and reconnects, I've noticed that the confirmation check runs twice. Here's a snippet from the debugger:

Checking confirmations

Can't check confirmations: Not Logged In

Checking confirmations

Can't check confirmations: Oh nooooooes!

Checking confirmations

[INFO] Bot: 4 Websession created and cookies set

Checking confirmations

Checking confirmations

Checking confirmations

Checking confirmations

It's clear from the post-reconnection logs that the "Checking confirmations" command is being executed twice concurrently. How can I modify it to run just a single time, as it used to?

Code

this.client.on('webSession', (_, cookies) => {
      this.manager.setCookies(cookies, (err) => {
        if (err) {
          if (envVars.NODE_ENV === 'development') {
            Log.error("Bot: " + this.botNumber + " An error occurred while setting cookies:" + err);
          }
        }

if (envVars.NODE_ENV === 'development') {
          Log.info("Bot: " + this.botNumber + " Websession created and cookies set");
        }

this.process();
      });

this.community.setCookies(cookies);
      this.community.startConfirmationChecker(envVars.BOT_CONFIRMATION_TIME, this.identitySecret);

//this.client.on('debug', (msg) => console.log(msg));
      this.community.on('debug', (msg) => console.log(msg));
    });

Thanks, but i mean if I use `acceptConfirmationForObject` will it solve my problem after websession reconnects from steam maintenance? (being executed twice concurrently)

Checking confirmations

Checking confirmations

Also seems like that method is asking for a objectID. Do I need to grab trade offer id and run this method one by one?

acceptConfirmationForObject(identitySecret: Buffer | string | null, objectID: any, callback: Callback): any;

The `startConfirmationChecker` function was incredibly helpful. It automatically executed all outstanding tasks, streamlining the process for us.

Edited by kkagill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Dr. McKay , so during the tuesday maintenance the SteamUser client tried to relogin automatically. I found that It eventually logged in, but when I terminated the bot and tried to login I got a rate limit error. I was able to login the next day. In this case, should I gracefully terminate the bot with SIGINT before the tuesday maintenance starts and restart it maybe 15 minutes later? I'm curious how other people are dealing with this.