McKay Development

Steam Error 87 after using own data store

Panp858

Hello community,

after a long time, I had to switch from my old sentry-like to the new machineAutoToken approach. Since I've tp update my bots anyway, I start switching from old and unsupported libraries like node-steam or steam-weblogon to steam-user. 

After I did my changes and also implemented my own data store which is basically a different and more persistent location on my system I wasn't able to login a single time. Each time, I entered an steam guard code from email which is required for first time login, the process crashed with:

UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: AccountLoginDeniedThrottle
at SteamUser._handleLogOnResponse (E:[...]\node_modules\steam-user\components\09-logon.js:792:17)

I noticed that I first misused the read and write functions of the data store in my first run because I was expecting only the machineAuthToken to be saved. However, the current actions called are:

[STEAM] Storage Read Called. [cm_list.json] --> Successfull
[STEAM] Storage Read Called. [cellid-xxx.txt] --> Failed
[STEAM] Storage Read Called. [machineAuthToken.XXX.txt] --> Failed
-> Steam Guard Code Request with manual imput... 
[STEAM] Storage Read Called. [cellid-xxx.txt] --> Failed
[STEAM] Storage Read Called. [machineAuthToken.XXX.txt]  --> Failed
-> App crashes with "AccountLoginDeniedThrottle"

So nothing except of the cm_lost.json has been written into the local store. I am not sure if the data store is really related to Error 87 of steam. But if I run the old code on a different machine with a different IP, the login process with old sentryFile still work on all accounts but I am not able to receive cookies for further interactions (so switching back is not an option). Am I missing something?

Edit: After some period, I was able to test again. However, I noticed that for accounts with mobile steam guard, no machineAuthToken is generated and stored. Is this correct?

Edited by Panp858

https://steamerrors.com/87

AccountLoginDeniedThrottle = "login attempt failed, try to throttle response to possible attacker". I don't know exactly what that means, but given the similarity to AccountLogonDenied (which is the code used when you need to provide an email code), it seems likely that it happens if you try to log on too many times without providing a valid email code.

11 hours ago, Panp858 said:

I noticed that for accounts with mobile steam guard, no machineAuthToken is generated and stored. Is this correct?

Yes, this is expected behavior. Machine auth tokens are only issued for accounts that are using email Steam Guard.

2 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

https://steamerrors.com/87

AccountLoginDeniedThrottle = "login attempt failed, try to throttle response to possible attacker". I don't know exactly what that means, but given the similarity to AccountLogonDenied (which is the code used when you need to provide an email code), it seems likely that it happens if you try to log on too many times without providing a valid email code.

Yes, this is expected behavior. Machine auth tokens are only issued for accounts that are using email Steam Guard.

Thanks for the response. When I login into my steamaccount I can sometimes switch between accounts without providing a new mobile code. Is this some kind of bug? Its a bit annoying to provide a code every time a bot with 2fa is logging in.