McKay Development

Steam bot can't get API key and blocks your IP?

Naleksuh

Hi,

Is there an issue causing some bots to not be able to use an API key, or something else? I am having the most bizarre issue, and can't find the cause :(

For whatever reason, after my bot logs in, I need the cookies and API key for trade manager, but the code:

client.on('webSession', function(sessionID, cookies) {
        manager.setCookies(cookies, function(err) {
                if (err) {
                        console.log(err);
                        process.exit(1); // Fatal error since we couldn't get o>
                        return;
                }

console.log("Got API key: " + manager.apiKey);
        });

community.setCookies(cookies);
});

never fires.

To make things weirder, it fires just fine for a different bot that I own. I tried copying the node_modules from that bot over (I once was unable to trade because I had an outdated copy) but it still didn't work. After experimenting for a while my IP address was 429-rate limited. So I ran the bot from a different IP address and that one as rate limited almost immediately.

The next morning, the 429 had been removed, but when I tried running the bot again it immediately returned.

If anyone knows what is going on, please help! I haven't been able to do anything and I know this post is incredibly vague, but it's so difficult to experiment since you'd have to wait 12 hours for anything. I know little more than what is here.

Please help :(

Could you please give more code? It's hard to give an answer with this. 

The account must be without the $5 limit, to get the API key.
Error 429 - too many requests should add delays. SDA can also be the source of the problem

Edited by rikray_