McKay Development

acceptAllConfirmations

@Dr. McKay
Hello! Mine acceptAllConfirmations started to throw "Invalid authenticator" on my windows machine.
I ran "npm update" it didn't help.
It still works on linux server. Internet said it can be a problem with system time but it's synced and I haven't changed timezones, so not sure what to do.
What can cause this error?

image.png.47e4e6e45084f5aa513068c73f3ff785.png

image.png.146fdff6215829cf70105da404d8b40d.png

Edited by Nickers

"It looks like your Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator is providing incorrect Steam Guard codes. This could be caused by an inaccurate clock or bad timezone settings on your device. If your time settings are correct, it could be that a different device has been set up to provide the Steam Guard codes for your account, which means the authenticator on this device is no longer valid."

My identity secret is the same on server setup, local machine and my SDA app, so it must be the time, but I have the same time and time zone on my local machine as on the server.

Edited by Nickers

People report that they get this error when their phones language isn't set to English. I have a non-English Windows, not sure if that can be changed without re-installation.
Does TOTP uses locales somewhere under the hood?

Edited by Nickers

• 2 months later...

I still haven't figured this one out, maybe it's something obvious but I don't know...

Time and timezone is the same on both linux and windows, it's wrong TZ for linux even so it works there, but not on windows.

The internet says that this error can be fixed on mobile Steam authenticator by changing the language to English, but the only way to truly change the Windows language is with a clean reinstall.

🫠

111.png

222.png

image.png

image.png

image.png.c54c220020e4cfa394a7b3153c555211.png

Edited by Nickers