McKay Development

Problem getting available inventories

Unsigno

Hi all , and thanks for share Dr. McKay. I post this on "General" because it involve Steam Community or/and Steam TradeOffer Manager.

I have a new Steam account without inventories, and i am trying to handle this .

Using "loadInventory" i get "Malformed response" , this should return "Empty inventory" if i haven't inventory for these app ?

Using "getInventoryContents" i get "Error: Failure", ( entering the URL in a browser get the same result from Steam ) this should return "Empty inventory" if i haven't inventory for these app ?

Finding in the forum I assume the problem, here, is that i am trying to load a non-exixtent inventory, then i check for "getInventoryContexts" but i get a "Malformed response" error . 

I found some answers on the forum , but don't apply for me .

- I am using the latest versions of the modules

- I have logged in the SteamCommunity and SteamTradeOfferManager modules 

- I haven't account limitations 

- I have the inventory ( and all ) public 

- I have 0 inventories 

Any help or tip should be so apreciated. Thanks in advance .

If I forgotten some detail or want more info, please , let me know .

loadInventory is deprecated and won't be updated.

If Steam is reporting "Failure" then there's not really any way to know for sure if it means that the user doesn't have that particular inventory or if there was truly a failure somewhere. If the user has ever owned an item for that game and thus the inventory exists but is empty, it will return an expected empty response (no error, empty arrays).