Photo
Question

Getting all comments/activity from a group.

Best Answer drizz , 21 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

There's nothing in the module right now to parse comments.

I am aware of that. I was asking if anyone knew of any alternative modules or methods to get what I'm looking for. I've decided that I'll just scrape the stuff that I need from steamcommunity directly, though.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drizz

drizz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I am working on a set of tools for group admins, ranging from simple over-time statistics to automatic chat spam banning. As a part of that I have been trying to get all comments on a steam group, to be able to detect spam, but also to create activity statistics. Sadly, the CSteamGroup class of node-steamcommunity does not have that functionality, and the getNotifications function only returns numbers, not the actual comments and their authors.

How would I go about getting what I'm looking for? Is there something I am missing? Or do I really have to scrape the information manually from steamcommunity.com?

Thanks in advance for any input,

drizz.

PS: I am not getting paid for the project/my work on it.

#2 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

• drizz likes this

#3 drizz

drizz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:32 PM   Best Answer

I am aware of that. I was asking if anyone knew of any alternative modules or methods to get what I'm looking for. I've decided that I'll just scrape the stuff that I need from steamcommunity directly, though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users