McKay Development

There is no mechanism in steam-tradeoffer-manager to automatically cancel incoming offers, because there's no real technical need to do that since there's no limit on incoming offers like there is for sent offers. You'd need to implement it yourself, ideally using the offerList event to watch for a list of offers and declining those that are too old for you.

There is no mechanism in steam-tradeoffer-manager to automatically cancel incoming offers, because there's no real technical need to do that since there's no limit on incoming offers like there is for sent offers. You'd need to implement it yourself, ideally using the offerList event to watch for a list of offers and declining those that are too old for you.

Well, this events updates every time a new offer was added? I could also call a timeout after sending the offer, checking if it still exists if so, cancel it; or would this not be viable?

It's all in the docs. offerList gets emitted whenever the offer list is retrieved, no matter what queried for it. Including polling.

Okay. I can then check for an incoming offer, check if the bot is sending out items, if he is, cancel the offer after X seconds; if not, cancel it in a shorter amount.

That'd work?

Edit: would this not just work on 'newOffer' - do the same thing as above.

Edit: is newOffer emitted for incoming offers?

Edit: problem with using offerList is, I'm barely ever using the getOffers function, I need a function that calls when a offer is sent out, check if the recieving items are 0, if so make the trade cancel after a timeout.

Edited by Eradicate