• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

Hi, how can i create a new proto for my method ?

For example i need to use method FriendsList.GetFriendsList#1

I use

client._sendUnified("FriendsList.GetFriendsList#1", { bConstMethod: !0 }, body => { console.log(body) })
But i get the error "Cannot read property 'encode' of undefined". What i need to do for using my methods through steam-user ?

#2 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

You would need to add support directly to steam-user by editing it. You can't just call underscore-prefixed methods from outside of the module and expect things to work.

Take a look at the commit history to see what it takes to add support for a new message.

Why do you want to use this, anyway? You can already get your friends list from steam-user.

#3 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

You would need to add support directly to steam-user by editing it. You can't just call underscore-prefixed methods from outside of the module and expect things to work.

Take a look at the commit history to see what it takes to add support for a new message.

Why do you want to use this, anyway? You can already get your friends list from steam-user.

Because i need to do it in 1 request , and get all statuses including snooze/away etc. 

#4 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

All of that data is already available. As long as you're set to online, myFriends contains the list of who all your friends are, and users contains their profile data, updated in real-time.

• Ino likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: node.js, node-steam-user

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users