Photo

fix for handlers

node.js node-steam-user

Best Answer Dr. McKay , 10 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Should be fixed in the latest commit.

Remember that the v4 branch is still pre-alpha. There are going to be bugs.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Hi, i fixed my issue https://dev.doctormc...user-v-4/page-2

The error was found in existing handlers checking. If you'll use a few accounts you can see that handlers length will be equal to accounts count. You will be able to add this code in your module for fix this

https://github.com/D...rManager.js#L21

if( this._handlers.hasOwnProperty(msg) && this._handlers[msg].length >= 1 ) { return; }

P.S. In the steam-user v 4.0. don't work method gamesPlayed() . How can i fix it ?

UPDATE: login with steamguard don't work too. Always get error "Error: Already logged on, cannot log on again"

Edited by Ino, 09 January 2019 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:24 AM

That's not an appropriate fix because that prevents intentional attachment of multiple handlers for a single message.

Pull the latest v4 commit and you should get fixes for gamesPlayed and your duplicate handler issue, but I wasn't able to replicate any Steam Guard issues.

#3 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:07 AM

That's not an appropriate fix because that prevents intentional attachment of multiple handlers for a single message.

Pull the latest v4 commit and you should get fixes for gamesPlayed and your duplicate handler issue, but I wasn't able to replicate any Steam Guard issues.

SteamGuard always get the same error, with valid and invalid guard code. "Already logged on"

Sv6fIY2.png

#4 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Help me please with my issue, if i can help you something let me know. If you try like on my screenshot you'll be able to find this bug

#5 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:13 PM   Best Answer

• Ino likes this

#6 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

Can you test it yet ? Login for accounts with steam guard takes to long time. Last version do it much faster. 

#7 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

I tested it personally before pushing and login didn't take any longer than usual.

#8 Ino

Ino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

I tested it personally before pushing and login didn't take any longer than usual.

What's event do you handle ? 

I try to handle event 'loggedOn' and it work faster, but event 'webSession' can wait a few minutes

#9 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:22 PM

A delay in getting a web session would have nothing to do with this. It's probable that Steam was just being slow when you were trying.

• Ino likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: node.js, node-steam-user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users