McKay Development

Hello,

Is there a way to know the assetID of the items received before it changes? 

Right now, I have 1 inventorybot and multiple tradebots. The inventorybot distributes the items to the different tradebots. 

When I send an item from my inventorybot to the tradebot, my flow is as follows:

Flow of inventorybot : send item -> when accepted delete record in DB

Flow of tradebot : receive item -> accept -> insert into database

This is how I keep track of which items are in which bots. But there is data that only the inventorybot knows about some items, for example where I got the item from (Did I get it from bitskins, opskins or another seller). But that data is lost since I have to delete the record in DB. I would like to update the record instead of deleting and inserting a new one. I have no way to know which item in database I should update after it has been traded to anoter bot.

This could be done with a " UPDATE ... WHERE assetid = ..." . But assetID changes after trade, so that is not an option. 

Am I missing something on how I should do this?

Kind regards

You can get the assetid of the item pre-trade from just the trade offer's data (the itemsToGive and itemsToReceive arrays). That data doesn't change ever.

You can get the assetid of the item post-trade from getReceivedItems. There isn't any way to link specific items together between these arrays. You could use the market_name but if you for example have two items with identical names in a trade, there's no way to know which is which and so they can potentially get mixed up.