McKay Development

Issue with bots - Inventory Empty

kreghx

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my bots recently. Once every +- 2 days, a bot shows up with an empty inventory. The only solution that I could find that worked, was to buy CS:GO for that account and run the game. The moment I run the game, my inventory appears again.

Is there something I can do to prevent this, or why does this happen? It has only started recently, +- 1.5 week ago. Nothing has changed in the code of my bot, it's still the same.

Kind regards

Sometimes (I've only seen it happen to CS:GO), Steam will "lose" an inventory like you describe. I suspect there's some error when the econ server requests it from the GC, so it defaults to "empty, can't trade", then that gets cached.

There are three (public) ways to break an inventory cache.

1. Launch/close that game (of course, you need to own it first)

2. Complete a trade containing items from that game (obviously this doesn't work if Steam won't let you trade items for that game)

3. Accept a real-time trade request.

Obviously, only #3 is an option here. You don't need to actually complete the trade (or even begin the session). All you need to do is send and accept a real-time trade request. This will flush all inventory caches for both parties.

If you're using a bot, you can send and accept trade requests programmatically. Don't worry about actually handling the trade session, as it will expire on its own.