McKay Development

Steam Web API/IEconService [input, output]

protz_i

Hello Community ! Please help non-native English speaking person to understand trade offers API !
I use node-steam-tradeoffers, (sorry Dr. McKay) and thank you for another brillliant lib -  node-steam-user !

Input

Either get_sent_offers or get_received_offers (or both) must be set. active_only and historical_only are optional, if neither is passed it is equivalent to both being set.

get_sent_offers - return the list of offers you've sent to other people.

get_received_offers - return the list of offers you've received from other people.

get_descriptions - return item display information for any items included in the returned offers.

language - needed if get_descriptions is set, the language to use for item descriptions.

active_only - return only trade offers in an active state (offers that haven't been accepted yet), or any offers that have had their state change since time_historical_cutoff.

historical_only - return trade offers that are not in an active state.

time_historical_cutoff - a unix time value. when active_only is set, inactive offers will be returned if their state was updated since this time. Useful to get delta updates on what has changed. WARNING: If not passed, this will default to the time your account last viewed the trade offers page. To avoid this behavior use a very low or very high date.

So ! I'am listening for a new offer, and when it fired i must handle offers.
when i use
offer.getOffers({
    get_sent_offers: 1,
    active_only: 1
}, callback) 

Output

in a callback(err, body), where body.response.trade_offers_received is Array.

as i understand historical_only is optional and if didn't passed it, in my result will be all offers ( for all period or some period ? );

1 question - If my task is get offers which were sent and their status is active, should i do like this ?
{
    get_sent_offers: 1,
    active_only: 1,
    historical: 0
}

2 question - if i sent an offer and it has been refused, how i know for sure that person refused  and if accepteed how i can know for sure that item i gave is exactly what he received ? ( OMG in this sentence tone of mistakes i think, shame on me);

3 question - if i need get all offer from this hour/day/week time_historical_cutoff i need ?

Thank you for any help and sorry for my bad bad bad English.

1. If you want to get all active offers and that's it, you'd use this:

{
    "get_sent_offers": 1,
    "active_only": 1,
    "time_historical_cutoff": 2147483647
}

2. You'd check the trade_offer_state. If they accepted it then they received the item you sent them.

3. If you want all offers from a time period you'll need to just leave out both active_only and historical_only and filter the result.