McKay Development

Weird error

if have no clue what this error means it started coming suddenly my account is fine 

E:\Bots\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\lib\classes\TradeOffer.js:19
        if (!this.partner.isValid || !this.partner.isValid() || this.partner.type != SteamID.Type.INDIVIDUAL) {
                          ^

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'isValid')
    at new TradeOffer (E:\Bots\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\lib\classes\TradeOffer.js:19:20)
    at TradeOfferManager.createOffer (E:\Bots\node_modules\steam-tradeoffer-manager\lib\index.js:506:14)
    at sendOffer (E:\Bots\Autoconfirmbot\mainimprovements.js:168:25)
    at WebSocket.incoming (E:\Bots\Autoconfirmbot\modules\shadowpaysell.js:116:17)
    at WebSocket.emit (node:events:520:28)
    at Receiver.receiverOnMessage (E:\Bots\node_modules\ws\lib\websocket.js:1209:20)
    at Receiver.emit (node:events:520:28)
    at Receiver.dataMessage (E:\Bots\node_modules\ws\lib\receiver.js:594:14)
    at Receiver.getData (E:\Bots\node_modules\ws\lib\receiver.js:496:10)
    at Receiver.startLoop (E:\Bots\node_modules\ws\lib\receiver.js:167:16)

Node.js v22.1.0

On 5/11/2024 at 4:40 AM, Dr. McKay said:

Show how you're creating a trade offer (new TradeOffer(...))

i am very sorry for the late reply it seemslike the the error was happening when i was calling the sendoffer function with in valid or incomplete details but instead of showing what was the  cause it was crashing the program with the above error so i adjusted the main if statement on the new trade offer to 

if (!this.partner?.isValid || !this.partner?.isValid() || this.partner?.type != SteamID.Type.INDIVIDUAL) {
        throw new Error("Invalid input SteamID " + this.partner);
    }
in this way we safely access or try to access the contents and dosent crashes the program 

11 minutes ago, Dr. McKay said:

You're treating the symptom, not the cause. There's no scenario where this.partner should be undefined or otherwise invalid unless you're doing something wrong.

I have treated the error on my end I was calling the send offer without checking partner so I fixed it I am suggesting that the error should be handled gracefully as u have written the error message but instead it crashes code

Respectfully,