McKay Development

PSA: If you use getInventoryHistory, this is what changed

Lagg

Essentially it appears `p` in the query string in /inventoryhistory is blacklisted and will unconditionally error out. Just with this hilariously enough. ?foobar22=1 is fine. It looks like they're doing something more or less like primary key-based paging now with after_time and after_trade. Which must be interesting on their end sorting-wise. Also the pagination stat regexps are no longer valid because they apparently no longer exist as such. So fix-wise I guess remove the regexp lines and avoid using the properties. Also remove "&p=" + options.page from inventoryhistory.js. These things appear to be the only breaking changes. No actual markup changed beyond that inner text. Which was nice of them I suppose.

Overall an interesting strategy of load reduction on Valve's part. I must say.

• 2 weeks later...

My bots rely very heavily on this method (allows me to confirm item deposits without the need for my bots to have an API key). I spent a good 15 minutes wondering why I was receiving an error on every single attempt. Any update to the module that will allow me to use this as before without a work-around would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the &p= part from the URL in components/inventoryhistory.js as well as the code that tries to capture the pagination data (which will lead to an undefined reference otherwise). This will however result in losing that metadata and only getting the first page unless you want to add logic for after_trade.

Naturally this qualifies as a workaround and is probably not as clean as what the upstream fix will look like. But until there's something pushed don't know what else to tell you :/