McKay Development

Hello again! :)

On my challenge to avoid SteamApp now I'm trying to implement my own way to send and receive offers. Send offers now works fine now, but now I'm developing the incoming ones.

I see the event "newOffer", which returns an object, "offer". Offers contains some interesting data, like trade's id, it's state, if scrow is enable.... but I have some questions :blink:

1- I see an "account id" field. I guess it's a steam3id. Is there a way to return a classic id for check the user profile?

2- I see a state field. Is an integer. Which are the possible status?

3- What is the difference between "id" and "tradeID"? I see id has the trade ID, but I don't know why tradeID is null...

4- How can I accept an offer by it's ID?

5- How can I check all incoming offers?

Thanks for reading me and have a nice gaming! :D :D

All TradeOffer objects created by TradeOfferManager have a partner field, which is a SteamID object. You can retrieve the account ID (aka partner ID) using id.accountid, or you can convert it to any of the 3 basic formats using id.getSteam2RenderedID(), id.getSteam3RenderedID(), and id.getSteamID64(). getSteamID64 will give you the 76561.... 64-bit ID.

You can access the state enum using TradeOfferManager.ETradeOfferState (assuming TradeOfferManager is the result of require('steam-tradeoffer-manager'). You can see it here.

An offer's ID is its trade offer ID. Trade offers and trades are distinct things. Not all trade offers result in a trade. A trade is the actual physical exchange of items. A trade offer is.. an offer to trade. Trade offers can be declined, canceled, expired, etc which will result in no trade taking place. If an exchange happens, a trade is created and its 64-bit ID is associated with the trade offer.

With TradeOfferManager, you will need to get a TradeOffer object before you can accept it. You can use manager.getOffer to get a TradeOffer.

You can use manager.getOffers to see all available offers on your account, or you can just use the newOffer event.

Thanks for your complete answer! :)

Now that my questions are resolved I'll continue developing!

Thanks again and happy gaming :)

Sorry for re-opening the question,but I see when the offer is sent I see that the object has a field called icon_url. But it's not an URL... os there a way to convert that string in a URL?

Also, I can convert the sender ID for check their profile(Horray! Was easy looking for what you said on your previous Answer). But I was wondering... is there a way to get they info profile from your steamcomunnity API? Or should I use Steam API for that?