McKay Development

Confirmations Failing to Display - Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator

Nacho_

Within the past few days, a number of my trading bots have failed to accept mobile confirmations for any of their trades.

After some investigating, Jessecar96's SDA reveals a relatively blank screen on the confirmations window (left in attached SS), in contrast to the textually definitive "Nothing to confirm..." (right in attached SS)

Trades are able to be sent, received and accepted, however any trades involving items leaving the accounts' inventories, will be left in a ceaseless state of awaiting confirmation. Accounts started receiving this 'Steam Mobile Authentication Blacklist' status a few days ago, when the bots were attempting to confirm multiple large trade offers at once (3x 25,000 item offers). Today, my primary trading bot became blacklisted when attempting to confirm many smaller offers simultaneously. I suspect that Valve implemented a new sensitive rate limiter to users/bots attempting to authenticate their trades. For now, I'm still able to trade perfectly fine on other accounts connected to the same phone number.

Clarification on the restricted authentication process would be helpful, or a workaround that won't trigger Valve's discrete blacklisting services. A substantial quantity of items are now locked on these blacklisted accounts.

Thanks for you help

post-2999-0-82348800-1515833541_thumb.png