McKay Development

Is polling for trades in tradeoffer-manager

Hello, I was reading over the documentation for both node-steamcommunity and node-steam-tradeoffer-manager.

According to the steam community documentation community, polling is deprecated and may be removed. In the tradeoffer-manager documentation you use polling there. Are these two different types of polling? Would I be able to continue to use tradeoffer-manager polling or should I move over to "acceptAllConfirmations" from the community module?

They're two separate things. steam-tradeoffer-manager polls for trade offers using the API, which is not deprecated and works well. steamcommunity polled for confirmations by scraping the confirmations page, which is deprecated due to very strict rate-limits Valve imposed on that page. If you want to send or accept trade offers in which your bot loses items, you'll need to use both. steam-tradeoffer-manager will let you detect incoming offers and accept them or send offers, while you need to use steamcommunity to accept any confirmations that are generated by doing so.