McKay Development

Slow node module

Naleksuh

Why is this node module so much lag? When I type command it takes my bot slower than usual to reply, like 3/4th of a second, even when I see other bots on steam reply in like a tenth of a second.

My bot isn't even that complicated and i'm running it on a pretty powerful computer. Is there anything else that I might be do wrong or is this what i get for using a legacy module

I don't know why you would call this a "legacy module", but any lag is on your end. Either in your code, or in your connection to Steam.

I called it a legacy module because it contains a lot of depracated functions. Also, I can connect to stuff like discord and youtube faster than most other people which I thought it might be the module. I will try running it on a dedicated computer with nothing else on it and see if that speeds it up

Also, why is there no function for banning people from a group chat?

Edited by Naleksuh

The module itself is definitely supported. There are some deprecated methods and such, but only because newer things have replaced them.

I did a test myself and I got about a half-second round-trip time, counting from when I hit enter and stopping when my bot responded to me. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I just haven't gotten around to adding a feature to ban people from a group chat yet. If that's something you need, I'll see if I can prioritize it.

The module itself is definitely supported. There are some deprecated methods and such, but only because newer things have replaced them.

but its confusing

I did a test myself and I got about a half-second round-trip time, counting from when I hit enter and stopping when my bot responded to me. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

but other bots do it faster

I just haven't gotten around to adding a feature to ban people from a group chat yet. If that's something you need, I'll see if I can prioritize it.

yes it is, thank you