node.js node-steam-user

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Naleksuh

Naleksuh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

Why is this node module so much lag? When I type command it takes my bot slower than usual to reply, like 3/4th of a second, even when I see other bots on steam reply in like a tenth of a second.

My bot isn't even that complicated and i'm running it on a pretty powerful computer. Is there anything else that I might be do wrong or is this what i get for using a legacy module

#2 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

I don't know why you would call this a "legacy module", but any lag is on your end. Either in your code, or in your connection to Steam.

#3 Naleksuh

Naleksuh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

I don't know why you would call this a "legacy module", but any lag is on your end. Either in your code, or in your connection to Steam.

I called it a legacy module because it contains a lot of depracated functions. Also, I can connect to stuff like discord and youtube faster than most other people which I thought it might be the module. I will try running it on a dedicated computer with nothing else on it and see if that speeds it up

Also, why is there no function for banning people from a group chat?

Edited by Naleksuh, 07 June 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#4 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:16 AM

The module itself is definitely supported. There are some deprecated methods and such, but only because newer things have replaced them.

I did a test myself and I got about a half-second round-trip time, counting from when I hit enter and stopping when my bot responded to me. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I just haven't gotten around to adding a feature to ban people from a group chat yet. If that's something you need, I'll see if I can prioritize it.

#5 Naleksuh

Naleksuh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:46 AM

The module itself is definitely supported. There are some deprecated methods and such, but only because newer things have replaced them.

but its confusing

I did a test myself and I got about a half-second round-trip time, counting from when I hit enter and stopping when my bot responded to me. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

but other bots do it faster

I just haven't gotten around to adding a feature to ban people from a group chat yet. If that's something you need, I'll see if I can prioritize it.

yes it is, thank you

#6 Dr. McKay

Dr. McKay

Developer

• Administrator
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

I've added ban methods in v4.10.0.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: node.js, node-steam-user

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users