McKay Development

In node-tf2, cannot craft an item with "Fabricate Class Weapon" recipe

korindou

I have three valid items (1 scrap metal, 1 class token and 1 slot token). I call the craft method this way: .craft([scrap, classToken, slotToken], 11);

As a result, in a craftingComplete event I get an error. Do theese items should go in a particular order or there some other error could be happening? scrap, classToken and slotToken are totally valid IDs. In this example I'm trying to craft a spy PDA2 weapon with specified tokens. Cannot try with other tokens as i don't have any other on me.

6 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

Are you sure 11 is the correct recipe ID?

Well, in the item schema i get the 11'th crafting recipe is described as "#RT_F_A", "#RI_Cw" which translates into "Fabricate class weapons" which is exactly what I need hovewer crafting also fails without specifying the recipe.

I guess there must be something wrong with the way you're getting your item IDs, then.

Edit: Actually, possibly that recipe might be one of the ones that Valve banned bots from using after the geel incident. I'm not sure why one would consider a weapon to be "high-value", but you never know with Valve. Can you craft those 3 items in-game?

Edited by Dr. McKay

12 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

I guess there must be something wrong with the way you're getting your item IDs, then.

Edit: Actually, possibly that recipe might be one of the ones that Valve banned bots from using after the geel incident. I'm not sure why one would consider a weapon to be "high-value", but you never know with Valve. Can you craft those 3 items in-game?

Yes, I can craft them in-game.

• 2 years later...

i imagine that nobody even cares by this point, but i'll put my two cents in anyway.

tf2 leak has some references of "is_craftable_by_unverified_clients" that is only compiled into the game coordinator.
here are all of the references:

econ_item_schema.cpp
 2747:     , m_bIsCraftableByUnverifiedClient( false )

2786:     m_bIsCraftableByUnverifiedClient = pKVRecipe->GetBool( "is_craftable_by_unverified_clients", false );

econ_item_schema.h
  641:     bool        BIsCraftableByUnverifiedClients() const { return m_bIsCraftableByUnverifiedClient; }

707:     bool        m_bIsCraftableByUnverifiedClient;

you can also craft items with the script for a few tens of seconds, if you:
1) launch tf2
2) click the items button
3) exit tf2
4) launch the script without significant delay.

i guess it's some kind of message that the game coordinator checks on launch and caches for some amount of time, or a periodic ping.

i can't really run nethook since i'm on linux, but i can donate a few 100's of items to craft with, for testing.

Edited by acuifex