McKay Development

Getting detailed CS2 item information.

WHOOPS1E

Hello, I'm wondering about an endpoint that provides more comprehensive information regarding CS2 items in user inventories. Specifically, I am interested in acquiring details concerning sticker wear and floats.

While I am aware of the option to individually inspect items to obtain CS2 floats and sticker wear percentages, I am exploring alternative methods. Many current platforms can swiftly retrieve inventories containing over 700 items, including floats and sticker wear percentages within a 2-3 second timeframe. I am seeking guidance on achieving a similar efficiency or exploring any available alternative procedures for this purpose.

Furthermore, I am interested in understanding all viable methods to determine the tradeability status of CS2 items, specifically identifying when they become tradable without the need for inspection.

Presently, the only method I have observed involves utilizing the default endpoint and inspecting all items marked as "[tradable: 0]" to show the date they become tradeable for a user.
The endpoint in question is: https://steamcommunity.com/inventory/<STEAMID>/730/2?l=english&count=5000

Your guidance or any alternative methodologies available would be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, Dr. McKay said:

ISteamEconomy/GetAssetClassInfo includes owner_descriptions, which will tell you when an item becomes tradable.

Indeed, I wasn't aware that the ISteamEconomy/GetAssetClassInfo includes owner_descriptions, enabling the retrieval of trade locked items' dates through a single request. Thank you for this information.

However, the challenge remains in finding a method that streamlines the acquisition of information regarding sticker wear and float of items without necessitating the inspection of each individual item containing stickers and floats.

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2023 at 8:14 PM, Dr. McKay said:

ISteamEconomy/GetAssetClassInfo includes owner_descriptions, which will tell you when an item becomes tradable.

To reiterate OP, would this be a sufficient method to call for each item in an inventory? Would it be expensive to call this endpoint, 700 times while iterating an inventory? Wouldn't I get rate limited? We want a property to identify the trade hold duration for each item if there is one.

Edit: Fixed, missing property on getInventroyContents, `tradableOnly` was set to true, 😭

Edited by nickmura aka bobby
​ Edit: Fixed, missing property on getInventroyContents, `tradableOnly` was set to true, 😭 ​