McKay Development

Listening for authentication confirmations

Arty

Hello, I think I'm just doing something wrong, but when listening for confirmations, whenever I login using the desktop Steam Client and it awaits an approval, nothing new appears in community.getConfirmations(). Is it possible to approve logins like the Steam Client does?

@Dr. McKay

Edit: Additionally, would it be possible to approve a QR code login using the library?

Edited by Arty

1 minute ago, TheMaster said:

Hey when ever i login there is no confirmation as in the confirmations tab it usually requires the guard code and thats it, can u be more explanatory on how u are logging in  ?

When you have a Steam Guard authenticator app setup and login using the Steam Client, you'll receive a notification and even without it, when you open the app, you're presented with a screen, where you may approve/decline the login request.

1 minute ago, Arty said:

When you have a Steam Guard authenticator app setup and login using the Steam Client, you'll receive a notification and even without it, when you open the app, you're presented with a screen, where you may approve/decline the login request.

can i know what is your end goal here u dont want to use the phone to approve the login am i right? You want o do it using node -steam community 

i think this is the closest i can guide u take a look here if this helps 
https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/node-steamcommunity/wiki/SteamCommunity#setmobileappaccesstokenaccesstoken
i think this is related to the mobile app functionality or y can wait for dc.mckay to reply here

3 minutes ago, TheMaster said:

can i know what is your end goal here u dont want to use the phone to approve the login am i right? You want o do it using node -steam community 

Indeed. I would like to replicate the same functionality. Automatically approve logins.