McKay Development

Avoid steam trade ban

Gorgeous

Hello Dr.McKay.
First thanks for developing this projects.
I need some tip and have question.
I using 'node-steam-tradeoffer-manager' and make steam trade bot.

My steam trade bot almost running month normally. 500+ trade success.

Then my steam bot account got 'This account has violated the Steam Terms of Service Agreement' message.

So I changed bot account but 7 days after second bot account got also this message.

1. How to avoid steam trade ban?, Trade bot is safe? And give me some information and tips.

Ty.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Plain trading sites are generally okay.

Steam banned my bot today https://i.imgur.com/TVPRNks.png

I was using my bot for buy / sell items with real money in my country. That is not allowed?

I don't know how some sites works perfectly with bots (tradeit.gg loot.farm skinwallet.com skins.cash)

My bot account had 0 played hours. And I was using a phone number of another banned account. Maybe this matters?
Edited by KaMilml

Absolutely. If any account gets banned, all accounts with the same phone number get banned.

and what about the 0 played hours?

and you think buy / sell items are allowed?

or not but valve just let that sites work? (risky business)

I was working in a market site but now I am afraid about another trade ban. I just want to know is it possible that I can operate without problems. I really like programming and games like Dota 2. I would very much finish this project.

All accounts linked to a phone number are banned if any account linked to that number is banned. No other criteria matter.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

If I have another account with that banned number, can I change the phone number and use the same account with normally? or I have to make a new account with a new clean number?

I have an older bot (5 years account, bot from 1 year ago) with the same banned number, but that account is work normally. Thats why I thought maybe olders accounts are better for bots. I guess it's just a lucky account.

Once an account is banned, it's banned for good. You can't just change the phone number and get it unbanned. I also wouldn't use that same phone number anymore since it's now "tainted".

sPRkkoP.png

My bots are relogin every 30 minutes (I don't know why). And I received a responde from Steam Support about my other banned account "we banned your account for reports, trade history and other reasons.." maybe they can see too many relogin in my bot and ban him? Or that does not matters?

You maybe know why my bot is restarting or failing? this is my boot code https://i.imgur.com/6LJpTS0.png

Edited by KaMilml

Looks like your web session is expiring and your app is coded in such a way that that causes a crash.

Yes but how can I keep my session active? some months earlier I had no problems with the same code. Valve changed something but I don't know what exactly I have to do. I tried .webLogOn() but does not works. Maybe you can give me an example of how to use the method to keep the session active please?

What if I have same number on 2 account, then remove number from account #2 and then get a ban in account #1? Will #2 also get banned because it was linked to the same number earlier?

I think yes.

But, I have two bots with the same number than other banned accounts (4 accounts with the same number has been banned), and this two bots are working perfectly 1 year ago.
I lose another accounts with clean numbers, but this 2 accounts with compromised numbers are working nice.

The principal difference with this two accounts is I used both accounts for play and normal trades 3 years before, and the banned accounts with the same number had ~1 hour played of Dota 2.

Maybe the important point is a good balance between ( total hours played / trades per day / logins per day ) and more. Thats why I asked Dr. McKay for how to prevent my bots lose the session :(

I think yes.

But, I have two bots with the same number than other banned accounts (4 accounts with the same number has been banned), and this two bots are working perfectly 1 year ago.
I lose another accounts with clean numbers, but this 2 accounts with compromised numbers are working nice.

The principal difference with this two accounts is I used both accounts for play and normal trades 3 years before, and the banned accounts with the same number had ~1 hour played of Dota 2.

Maybe the important point is a good balance between ( total hours played / trades per day / logins per day ) and more. Thats why I asked Dr. McKay for how to prevent my bots lose the session :(

Yep, the most important thing is "You must pretend to be a normal player". A separated account use a phone number, an IP address, buying some games, playing game sometimes, upgrading steam level, etc. Then you may get a lower risk for Valve banned.

What if I have same number on 2 account, then remove number from account #2 and then get a ban in account #1? Will #2 also get banned because it was linked to the same number earlier?

Answer is "no".

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4044-qdhj-5691#phone

How do VAC bans relate to my phone number?

VAC bans will be applied to all accounts sharing a phone number at the time of the infraction.