McKay Development

Concurrent use of two 2FA and auto-confirm trades

Akaz

Hi,

Alright so it's not fully related to the node libraries but I think I can get an answer here.

I'm currently using WinAuth to generate my 2FA codes and confirm trades but I also still have the Steam app on my phone which I don't use anymore but haven't uninstalled because I don't want to have the 7 days trade ban when I'll reinstall it.

Because of that I only have a few secondes (5 - 20) to confirm my trades before the confirmations disappears so I can't use WinAuth auto-confirm feature since it confirms trades every minutes.

So I have two questions : if I uninstall the app from my phone, would it fix it? I tried to disable the app but didn't changed anything.

I'm just looking for a way to auto confirm trades and maybe to cancel them after being sent, would it be risky to use your library? I can't risk a trade ban and I'm sticking with WinAuth so far because I haven't had any problem but it's always better to code his own features.

Thx!

Using two different apps for 2FA tends to cause problems, so I don't recommend it. Uninstalling the Steam app from your phone will probably fix your WinAuth issues.

There's no reason you couldn't use my libraries to write your own auto-confirm script thing, although I don't recommend it. My personal setup is a Steam Two-Factor Server with the complementary user script. With this setup, whenever I send or accept a trade offer, the browser window just automatically goes to the confirmations page where I can confirm the trade. Though on a phone, I think you'd have to use Firefox and install Tampermonkey to get it to work.

Your setup looks great and simple for what I need, I may end up using that too.

I quickly reviewed your code and I think it should be fine but it cost nothing to ask : From Steam's point of view, is there any difference between doing this and doing the manual confirmation with the app?

Because as I said I'm trying to avoid being trade banned at all cost so I'm not using anything that could make me looks like a bot. I don't see any api call to Steam so I guess it's fine beside maybe accessing to /mobileconf/conf with a desktop browser.